How to put the mask on correctly?
The act of putting on and taking off the mask can be considered a moment of possible contamination if it is not performed correctly and safely.
We will now exemplify how to put on and take off our masks:
- Perform good hand hygiene, with soap and water or an alcohol-based solution, before putting on the mask;
- First identify the inner and outer part of the mask. The inner part is the one that is in contact with your face and where the elastic bands are inserted. The outside is the one that doesn't touch your face.
- If you have a reversible level 2 mask, this is when you must select, before using the mask, the layer you want to be outside. It is not advisable to reverse the mask during its use. This mask is considered reversible before each use and after each wash. You must not reverse the mask during its use.
- Hold the rubber bands and put on the mask;
- Make sure the hard end of the mask is fitted to your nose. The mask should cover the mouth, nose and chin;
- Make sure, after putting on the mask, that there are minimal spaces between the face and the mask;
- Do not touch the mask while it is in use; if this happens, you must immediately sanitize your hands;
- The mask should be replaced with a new one if it is damp and worn for a maximum of 4 hours. After removal, keep in a closed plastic bag while waiting for washing;
- Wash it after each use in a complete cycle of at least 30 min. at 60 degrees, allow to dry well and store in a dry place protected from potential contamination;
- Mask removal should be done from the back (not touching the front of the mask), holding the elastics;
- Perform a good hand hygiene, with soap and water or an alcohol-based solution, after completing the process.