How to prevent COVID-19?
SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) is transmitted from person to person, through aerosols (droplets) that can be inhaled or deposited on surfaces or objects we touch, it is extremely important to adopt precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
There are 5 essential measures to be highlighted:
- Maintain social distance;
- Use personal protective equipment appropriate to the type of exposure to the virus;
- Wash hands and respiratory etiquette frequently;
- Environmental hygiene, such as cleaning and disinfection:
- Self-monitoring of symptoms, with abstention from work if symptoms suggestive of COVID-19 appear.
These measures only have the true impact on infection prevention if they are adopted by ALL, in a collaborative spirit of individual and collective protection.