COVID-19 - When can I be vaccinated?
In Portugal, the vaccination process against COVID-19 started on December 27, 2020 and will continue throughout the year 2021. Be vaccinated against COVID-19 it allows us to protect us individually against disease and its complications, and it also contributes to the protection of public health through group immunity.
According to the vaccination plan, which may change depending on the evolution of scientific knowledge and the indications and contraindications that may be approved by the European Medicines Agency, the vaccination strategy will be as follows:
- Professionals from the armed forces, security forces and critical services
- Professionals and residents in Residential Structures for the Elderly (ERPI) and similar institutions
- Professionals and users of the National Network for Continuous Integrated Care (RNCCI).
- People aged ≥50 years, with at least one of the following pathologies:
- Cardiac insufficiency
- coronary heart disease
- Renal failure (Glomerular Filtration Rate < 60ml/min)
- COPD or chronic respiratory disease under long-term ventilatory support and/or oxygen therapy
Phase 2 (from April 2021):
- active malignant neoplasm
- Chronic kidney disease (Glomerular Filtration Rate > 60ml/min)
- liver failure
- Arterial hypertension
- Other pathologies with lower prevalence that can be defined later, depending on scientific knowledge.
Phase 3 (at a date to be determined after the conclusion of the second phase):
Wait for a contact from your referring physician or your health center.