What to do during the quarantine or isolation period? Sharing housing with other people
If possible, people with whom you live should stay in other accommodation. This measure is especially important if you are dealing with older people, with chronic illnesses or vulnerable people.
If it is not possible to change the housing, the following measures must be taken:
- It must remain separate from other people, in a well-ventilated and comfortable room, with a window to the outside and the door closed;
- You should only leave the room in a situation of extreme need and put on a disposable mask;
- You should avoid using common spaces with other people present, including during meal times;
- You should not share a bed with another person – if possible sleep alone;
- You should keep your distance from other people present – for example, limit the time you are with people in the same room, keep a distance of at least 2 meters or 3 adult steps when in other people in the same room (whenever possible) ;
- You must use a different bathroom than the other members, as well as towels and other hygiene utensils. If this is not possible, you should think of a toilet route where the person in isolation/quarantine is the last person to use it. After such use, the bathroom must be thoroughly cleaned.