What distancing measures can I take?
The distance measures are one of the most effective in reducing the transmission of COVID-19 and aim to reduce contact between people, with the exception of those who live in the same space.
Thus, you should:
- Keep a distance of at least 1.5-2 meters from other people;
- Avoid contact with people who present symptoms suggestive of COVID-19, such as fever, cough or difficulty breathing;
- Whenever possible, work from home (telecommuting);
- Preferably use telephone or electronic services, to contact other services, such as supermarkets or pharmacy, or, when possible, schedule your presence in physical spaces, such as museums, restaurants, among others;
- In case of need for medical care, use telephone or electronic services to contact the health services in advance, bearing in mind that they have separate circuits for COVID-19, and that whenever justified, these services must be used in person.
- Sharing personal items;
- Attend busy places with clusters of people;
- Have unnecessary contacts (such as socializing inside or outside the home);
- Promote or participate in events that bring together many people, especially in closed spaces. Whenever it is necessary to meet with other people, choose as little as possible and in an open space.