What personal hygiene measures should I take?
The hands can be an easy vehicle for the transmission of COVID-19 infection, when they come into contact with contaminated surfaces or objects and then with the eyes, mouth and nose, which allow the virus to enter the body. It is, therefore, important to adopt certain simple gestures that prevent the transmission of the virus.
How to hand hygiene • Regular, wash your hands frequently throughout the day and whenever necessary, for example: when you get home or work, when you blow your nose, sneeze or cough);
- hand hygiene Careful, that is, wash your hands for at least 20 seconds, sequentially rubbing your palms, back, each finger and wrist, drying them well at the end;
- No Accessories: Don't forget to remove rings, bracelets, watches, or other objects before hand washing. These accessories must also be sanitized after use;
- With soap and water: the virus is easily eliminated with soap and water, which should be the preferred method. If you do not have access to soap and water, disinfect your hands with a 70% alcohol-based solution (you should not use 96% alcohol for this).
Another simple gesture is the Respiratory tag:
- that is, when coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your arm, avoiding the projection of droplets (do not use your hand);
- After using the disposable tissue, immediately dispose of it in the trash;
- After discarding the handkerchief, wash your hands immediately. If you have used your arm, wash it, or your shirt, as soon as possible.